ERS has substantial experience of undertaking both formative and summative evaluations across a range of programmes and projects.
Typically, this involves the use of evaluation frameworks and logic model methods. ERS adheres to the UK Evaluation Society Guidelines for Good Practice in Evaluation and the Institute of Economic Development’s Professional Code of Conduct.
Evaluation studies cover some combination of the following:
- Assessment of rationale for/appropriateness of intervention design
- Assessment of implementation processes and delivery models
- Review of performance management and monitoring systems
- Assessment of target output, outcome and milestone achievements
- Evaluation of impact including assessment of leakage, displacement and deadweight
- Cost-benefit analysis and unit cost analysis
- Provision of clear, actionable recommendations
We pride ourselves on providing clients with informative and usable reports that support decision making and policy development in order to improve the effectiveness of delivery. In addition, we regularly review our research methods in order to provide clients with leading edge, innovative approaches that complement more traditional, tried and tested research techniques.